AN UPDATE FROM DR. BIGMAN
I want to personally assure you at Bigman Orthodontics that we are working to get back to work and to be able to connect with all of you. We will continue to monitor the American Dental Association and the American Association of Orthodontists’ recommendations for dentists based on CDC guidelines to reopen ASAP.
We have always followed Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing new, disposable gloves while treating each patient.
- Wearing surgical face masks and protective eyewear
- We wash our hands with antibacterial soap between every patient
- Utilizing Caviwipes (approved Coronavirus killer) on the treatment chair, countertops after each patient. Caviwipes are disinfecting towelettes designed for hospitals and healthcare settings
All our instruments are run through professional sterilizers heat/steamed/bagged.
We may implement “New Normals” when we get back to the office for everyone’s protection. Stay tuned…
I am also researching virtual options as we speak and we remain available for emergencies as always.
When we have a confirmed restart date, our team will be calling to schedule and reschedule patients affected by our required “shutdown”.
In the meantime, please click on the below Resources for your well being during this “Shelter at home” period:
The Week: How Families Can Self-Quarantine without Going Insane;
Today Online: Parents Share Their Kids’ Realistic Quarantine Schedules;
Greater Good Magazine: How to Help Teens Shelter in Place;
greatergood.berkeley.edu – how_to_help_teens_shelter_in_place
Wired: How to Work from Home without Losing Your Mind;
Wired.com – how-to-work-from-home-without-losing-your-mind
Good Housekeeping: 6 Healthy Ways to Manage your Coronavirus Anxiety, According to Psychologists;
goodhousekeeping.com – coronavirus-anxiety-tips
The Atlantic: How Parents Can Keep Kids Busy (and Learning) in Quarantine;
theatlantic.com – activities-kids-coronavirus-quarantine
- CNN: Nickelodeon Launches New Content to Help Kids during the Coronavirus Pandemic;
cnn.com – Nickelodeon-coronavirus-content
- Healthline: Exercise at Home to Avoid the Gym during the Coronavirus Outbreak.
Be safe and brush your teeth!
Sandy Ira Allan Bigman DDS, MSD
Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
Council Member, College of Diplomates, American Board of Orthodontics